Healthy Living Tip
How long have you been sitting at your computer today? Try this stretch to get the blood flowing in your neck and shoulders again.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, hands stretched out in front and elbows straight. Cross one arm over the other and turn arms so palms are together.
- Drop your chin towards your chest and lean forward slightly to feel a stretch in your upper back and neck, especially between your shoulder blades.
- Hold the stretch for 20 to 30 seconds; repeat for a total of three repetitions.
This exercise will give you an even better stretch if you can use an open door.
- Stand at the open door with feet shoulder width apart and one hand holding each of the door handles.
- Lean back into a squat position while dropping your chin towards your chest. Feel the stretch in your upper back and neck, especially between the shoulder blades.
- Hold the stretch 20 to 30 seconds; repeat for a total of three repetitions.